ExerciseExercising While Restricting Calories Could be Bad for Bone Health

Vandevalk1

Re: Exercising While Restricting Calories Could be Bad for Bone Health

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Drdavid wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:37 am
Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:39 pm I have been doing IF consistently for about 2 years now. I broke my arm (radius) completely in half about 3 months ago. And my bone mending has gone considerably slow according to the x rays. (Still noticeably broken right through)

I may have to put my IF in hiatus while my arm heals. although IF has benefited me in so many other ways This may be the culprit...
Your IF should not be the issue in healing. You might just need to increase your D levels. It sounds like the osteoblastic activity has been slowed for some reason. Have you looked at using pulsed electromagnetic fields to stimulate the healing?
Drdavid

Thanks for your interest and concern.
I have not looked into pulsed electromagnetic fields. Infect I am not familiar with this procedure. I will take a look into it though and if you have any more information on it I would love to hear it. I have been doing laser therapy at my physiotherapists but that’s about it.

I will stick to IF for now as well.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Thanks DrDavid. I wondered when someone was going to mention this form of treatment.
I use pulsed electromagnetic field therapy on a daily basis for recovery and general wellbeing.
I lay on the body mat for 2 to 3 sessions a day of 10 min each. The body stays energised for 4 to 6 hours after each session.
I also use the 10 min sessions as meditation time. Amazing benefits in healing, the recovery process and general health related issues.
Happy to elaborate further if there is forum interest...
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Very interested in hearing more about this therapy Newage if you could elaborate that would be great !
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:16 am Very interested in hearing more about this therapy Newage if you could elaborate that would be great !
Vandevalk1
I’m hoping DrDavid will chime into the discussion about PEMF therapy to help answer some of your queries. He seems to have had some interaction with it. Some of the other comments although trying to be helpful, are from individuals that have not had first hand experience with the therapy.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:16 am Very interested in hearing more about this therapy Newage if you could elaborate that would be great !
Vandevalk1
If you go to the post I put up on NMN : PEMF Therapy you will find input by DrDavid and
DrKris 69 on the benefits and their consideration of this therapy.
I hope it is helpful to you and works in with the healing of your arm.
I can also give you the names of two books on the subject if you wish to investigate further. :idea:
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:47 am
Vandevalk1
If you go to the post I put up on NMN : PEMF Therapy you will find input by DrDavid and
DrKris 69 on the benefits and their consideration of this therapy.
I hope it is helpful to you and works in with the healing of your arm.
I can also give you the names of two books on the subject if you wish to investigate further. :idea:
Thank you Newage!

and sure! I am always happy to absorb new information. If you dont mind, I would love to hear about the books!
Newage

Post by Newage »

PEMF- The 5th Element of Health
By Bryant A Meyers..

Healing is Voltage (3rd Edition)
The Handbook.
By Jerry Tennant ( MD, MD h, PSc.D )

The Body Electric.
By Robert O Becker ( MD ) and Gary Seldon.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:07 pm
PEMF- The 5th Element of Health
By Bryant A Meyers..

Healing is Voltage (3rd Edition)
The Handbook.
By Jerry Tennant ( MD, MD h, PSc.D )

The Body Electric.
By Robert O Becker ( MD ) and Gary Seldon.
kudos newage!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic