FastingThe healthiest food: nothing

Newage

Re: The healthiest food: nothing

Post by Newage »

Drdavid wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:39 am We need a paradigm shift in America to change health. We need to focus on wellness instead of sickness. Prevention is the key to long life and reducing costs in the health system. If change is to occur doctors need to stop being paid for sickness care and start being paid for wellness care. If you go to a medical office the way they get paid is to show you are sick. The only way to continue to get paid is to keep you sick.
The way the system should be designed is that if you come in and are well the doctor gets paid as long as you remain well. If you get sick(minor) then the doctor doesnt get paid again until you are well again. This system applies the focus to wellness not sickness.
Follow up to previous post:
Most other vocations only get paid if there is a positive result to the job that they have just completed. As Drdavid suggests it possibly should apply to the Medical Profession also and let’s not forget our friends the “lawyers”.
Another paid up profession not determined by the outcome... :oops:

OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Newage wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:19 pm
Drdavid wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:39 am We need a paradigm shift in America to change health. We need to focus on wellness instead of sickness. Prevention is the key to long life and reducing costs in the health system. If change is to occur doctors need to stop being paid for sickness care and start being paid for wellness care. If you go to a medical office the way they get paid is to show you are sick. The only way to continue to get paid is to keep you sick.
The way the system should be designed is that if you come in and are well the doctor gets paid as long as you remain well. If you get sick(minor) then the doctor doesnt get paid again until you are well again. This system applies the focus to wellness not sickness.
Follow up to previous post:
Most other vocations only get paid if there is a positive result to the job that they have just completed. As Drdavid suggests it possibly should apply to the Medical Profession also and let’s not forget our friends the “lawyers”.
Another paid up profession not determined by the outcome... :oops:
Completely agree Drdavid and Newage!

Check out this episode of Patriot Act that discusses drug pricing...it's eye-opening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7LgT4_jkLA
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Speaking of food, here's a good article on how horrible it is to eat sugar. Sugar destroys the mitochondria.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3546959
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:26 am Speaking of food, here's a good article on how horrible it is to eat sugar. Sugar destroys the mitochondria.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3546959
Agree, sugar is some crazy stuff! I still eat the odd biscuit or slice of cake here and there, but I definitely try to avoid it as much as I can. Years ago I used to put two sugars in my latte each day (!!!), then I started to feel not so flash and decided to go down to one, then to none...now I can't stand the taste of sugar in my coffee as it tastes way too sweet to me. The taste buds definitely adapt!

This movie about sugar is really good, worth the rental:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uaWekLrilY
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Just remember that if you cut out sugars/carbohydrates which I agree with to some degree. You need to intake more fat. These are your two primary fuel sources, alongside protein. the real enemy in refined sugars and simple carbohydrates that have come along since the industrial revolution.

For me I cut out most sugars even in fruits because my body does not seem to agree with them and there in definitely an intolerance there.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:42 pm Just remember that if you cut out sugars/carbohydrates which I agree with to some degree. You need to intake more fat. These are your two primary fuel sources, alongside protein. the real enemy in refined sugars and simple carbohydrates that have come along since the industrial revolution.

For me I cut out most sugars even in fruits because my body does not seem to agree with them and there in definitely an intolerance there.
Good advice, Vandevalk1! I have definitely increased my intake of olive oil and avocados in my salads, haha! :D

Hmm, maybe your body can't break down the sugars as much? I looked up fruit intolerance, and you may have a fructose intolerance:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/fructose-int ... th%20meals.
http://www.digestivehealth.com.au/wp-co ... s-2010.pdf

I remember reading that back in the "old days" before industrial agriculture, fruit was a seasonal thing and so you only had certain types of fruits during the year. But now because we have all types of fruit all year round (mangoes in the winter in Canada?! :P), we run the risk of overloading our bodies with (fruit) sugar.
Newage

Post by Newage »

I agree OzSport.
Unfortunately modern technology has given us access to all food groups 24/7 all year round.
We no longer rely on Mother Nature’s natural moderating ability by way of seasonal produce and her ability to “restrict access to certain foods at certain times”
We therefore have to bring moderation into play ourselves, to counteract far to easy access to many of these foods.
A Supermarket on every corner has made life far to convenient for us.... :o
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Very true. The industrial revolution anything’s such as supermarkets have made us very soft fleshy water balloons as humans. Sounds harsh but it’s very true. We are slowly evolving into something, that if we ever run into an energy crisis, most of us will die off.

I’m fortunate enough to live in a part of the world where I camp and hunt for 3 months of the year, which forces me to be cognoscente to my ancestral roots.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:40 am Very true. The industrial revolution anything’s such as supermarkets have made us very soft fleshy water balloons as humans. Sounds harsh but it’s very true. We are slowly evolving into something, that if we ever run into an energy crisis, most of us will die off.

I’m fortunate enough to live in a part of the world where I camp and hunt for 3 months of the year, which forces me to be cognoscente to my ancestral roots.
Yes Vandevalk1
Spot the Prey, Catch the Prey, Cook the Prey, Eat the Prey.
Or go hungry...
Effort, Energy and Ingenuity needed to be expended to survive.
Unfortunately because of convenience, we have lost that ability to a degree.... :cry:
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:40 am Very true. The industrial revolution anything’s such as supermarkets have made us very soft fleshy water balloons as humans. Sounds harsh but it’s very true. We are slowly evolving into something, that if we ever run into an energy crisis, most of us will die off.

A group of us also track and hunt Sambar Deer
in the high country over here. I have connections to a hunting lodge in the mountains..
The deer are listed as feral prey in “Our World”
They are also one of the smartest and hardest animals to stalk with some hunters never ever getting one in their hunting history.
We average at least one animal a week.
“Must be doing something right”🏔🏕
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic