NAD+ PreserversResveratrol with NMN?

Drdavid

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Drdavid »

edjee wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:09 pm I'm reading to supplement B12 when taking Metformin. Is this the case when taking Resveratrol as well?
Yes, you should supplement B12 when taking Metformin or its natural derivative. Resveratrol is an antioxidant(free radical scavenger) and does not consume B12 like Metformin. However, increasing your B12 can enhance your overall physiological state because it is used in several chemical cascades and it is water soluble so you lose it.

Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I think for general purposes I will start supplementing with B12. does anyone have a good guide line on how much to take?
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:22 am I think for general purposes I will start supplementing with B12. does anyone have a good guide line on how much to take?
The RDA for B12 in an adult is 2.4mcg. I recommend people take about 125-250mg per day depending on stress and activity levels.
Sublingual is the preferred delivery.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Drdavid wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:33 am
Vandevalk1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:22 am I think for general purposes I will start supplementing with B12. does anyone have a good guide line on how much to take?
The RDA for B12 in an adult is 2.4mcg. I recommend people take about 125-250mg per day depending on stress and activity levels.
Thanks once again Drdavid!

I have gone ahead and purchased 250mg sublinguals by Natures Bounty. the reason being they were cheaper than the 125mg B12. so why not??
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:47 pm

I have gone ahead and purchased 250mg sublinguals by Natures Bounty. the reason being they were cheaper than the 125mg B12. so why not??
Exactly, water soluble so your body will use what you need and dump the rest.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Drdavid wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:25 am
Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Exactly, water soluble so your body will use what you need and dump the rest.
Cool, thanks for the info, Drdavid! I started taking vitamin B12 a couple of weeks ago (bought it off the shelf from the chemist / pharmacy), and the dosage is 100mg per tablet...it's still early days so I don't notice too much of a difference, but will try upping the dosage to two tablets rather than just the one.
p75213

Post by p75213 »

Does resveratrol prevent homeostasis?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Another option: in Sweden, our doctors don´t use sublingual B12 to treat severe deficiencies but instead prescribe high dose B12 in the common cyanocobalamin form.

There are only oral and intra-muscular B12 drugs here, sublingual hasn´t been approved (or no one sought a drug license). There are several Swedish scientific papers showing no difference between oral or injected B12 to treat a deficiency as long as you chose the right dose.

B12 is prescribed as an oral drug at high dose of 1000-2000 mcg (1-2 mg, but B12 is usually referred to in mcg). Even if the patients GI-tract is atrophied 1% of the B12 will enter the bloodstream through passive diffusion. It works every time without sublingual administration. For those allergic to cyanocobalamin, we have hydroxycobalamin as an injection.

I take methylcobalamin 500 mcg X 3 because cyanocobalamin gives me acne-like bumps after a few weeks.
Fred

Post by Fred »

EdS wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:16 am Yep... been using both with Metformin.... energy levels sky high.
I have started a thread for followers of the Sinclair protocol and those who want to discuss it here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1214
Asclepius

Post by Asclepius »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:29 pm Can anyone please list the brand of Resveritrol they supplement with?

I am curious to find a reputable brand.

currently i am using Webber Naturals that I bought off Amazon. But it only contains 200mg of Japanese knotweed and 25mg of grape seed extract.

Thanks
I'm also very keen to hear about what people think a "good" source is - a lot of the Amazon brands mentioned here have little reviews and honestly upon initial inspection seem hell dodgy.

Anyone know of brands that have actually been tested and confirmed and aren't ridiculously overpriced?

I've personally tried "Metagenics - Resveratrol Healthy Ageing Complex" - Which has 300mg of Reynoutria Japonica (i think this is the Chinese Knotweed?) but it also contains Curcuma and Quercetin.

I've looked around and Iherb seem to have a brand "California Gold Nutrition", it's the "cheaper" brand if you look at most categories, so I feel like they may be cutting corners somewhere, ignore most of the user reviews IMO, most of it is worthless drivel but the part that interests me is this

"California Gold Nutrition trans-Resveratrol features Italian sourced Veri-te™. This form of Resveratrol is produced using an innovative yeast fermentation process that results in 98% pure trans-Resveratrol that is free from contaminants such as Emodin and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) which are often found in unpurified extracts derived from Japanese Knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum)."

Anyone with actual knowledge able to confirm any truth to this?

I might have to start a new thread on this, because the forum functionality apparently doesn't let me search "Resveratrol" or i'd help compile the information for the rest of the users here. David any chance you could help ease the limitation on the searching? :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic