NAD+ PreserversResveratrol with NMN?

Drdavid

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Drdavid »

Interesting analogy

Fred

Post by Fred »

Since the botanical derivative metformin is also a sirtuin 1 activator (in silico evidence), just like resveratrol (RSV), it may be considered an "accelerator" too, working with NAD precursors like NMN.

I do realize that RSV has many other targets in the body besides the sirtuin protein but so do the botanical derivative metformin.

"Metformin Is a Direct SIRT1-Activating Compound: Computational Modeling and Experimental Validation"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6232372/

"Enzymatic assays confirmed that the net biochemical effect of metformin and other biguanides such as a phenformin was to improve the catalytic efficiency of SIRT1 operating in conditions of low NAD+ in vitro.

Forthcoming studies should confirm the mechanistic relevance of our computational insights into how the putative binding modes of metformin to SIRT1 could explain its ability to operate as a direct SIRT1-activating compound.

These findings might have important implications for understanding how metformin might confer health benefits via maintenance of SIRT1 activity during the aging process when NAD+ levels decline."
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Dr. Martins Resveratrol, extra strength, 1200mg. 180 capsules. Amazon.

Dr. Sinclair describes NMN as the "Gas" and Resveratrol as "the Accelerator".

On page 304 of his newly released book LIFESPAN, (I just finished) he describes his personal intake of:
1 gram of NMN (1000mg) every morning with 1 Gram of Resveratrol shaken onto his yogurt.
1 Gram of Metformin for his type 2 diabetes
A daily dose of Vitamin D, K, and 83 mg of aspirin.
Dietary: Low sugar, pasta, bread consumption. Little red meat, plenty leafy greens, veggy meals.
Intermediate fasting, skip one meal a day.
Weekend Gym workout, daily exercise.
Blood work every 4 months to indicate life style changes needed.
No smoke, avoid X-rays, UV, CT-Scans.
Cool days and nights, optimum body weight to height

His wife has also started taking NMN, as well as their dogs.
His dad started a few years ago, and now at 80m is living a
life style of his 50's, looking for 100.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks Pickleball, I will try that brand of Resveratrol.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Fred in your part of the world are they putting healthy people on metformin once they hit 50? Is this the model to possibly expect in the future for doctors practicing anti aging medicine?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hi Dr David,

No, MDs here in Sweden don´t put healthy people on any medications (the prescription melatonin Circadin for elderly, birth control pills or folic acid during pregnancy would be the notable exceptions. Melatonin is not available OTC here).

A "healthy" pre-diabetic may get metformin if other risk factors are present like in the metabolic syndrome and diet and exercise changes are not made by the patient.

There are no doctors practising "anti-aging" medicine in Sweden (officially). Doctors here practise evidence-based medicine or they get reprimanded by the board of medicine and may eventually lose their license.

But yes, if the TAME-trial can show a significant decrease in mortality and/or morbidity I expect my colleagues to put more people on metformin. But that is years away.
JUSTME123

Post by JUSTME123 »

CeeJayBee wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:56 pm i got mine from Amazon.

Vorst Premium Resveratrol 400mg

60 capsules for $30 CAD, likely even better deal at Amazon.com
I got mine from amazon OPC 500MG Vitabay organic
JUSTME123

Post by JUSTME123 »

CeeJayBee wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:56 pm i got mine from Amazon.

Vorst Premium Resveratrol 400mg

60 capsules for $30 CAD, likely even better deal at Amazon.com
I got mine from amazon OPC 500MG Vitabay organic
Pickleball101 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:52 am Dr. Martins Resveratrol, extra strength, 1200mg. 180 capsules. Amazon.

Dr. Sinclair describes NMN as the "Gas" and Resveratrol as "the Accelerator".

On page 304 of his newly released book LIFESPAN, (I just finished) he describes his personal intake of:
1 gram of NMN (1000mg) every morning with 1 Gram of Resveratrol shaken onto his yogurt.
1 Gram of Metformin for his type 2 diabetes
A daily dose of Vitamin D, K, and 83 mg of aspirin.
Dietary: Low sugar, pasta, bread consumption. Little red meat, plenty leafy greens, veggy meals.
Intermediate fasting, skip one meal a day.
Weekend Gym workout, daily exercise.
Blood work every 4 months to indicate life style changes needed.
No smoke, avoid X-rays, UV, CT-Scans.
Cool days and nights, optimum body weight to height

His wife has also started taking NMN, as well as their dogs.
His dad started a few years ago, and now at 80m is living a
life style of his 50's, looking for 100.
Dr Sinclair said to Joe Rogan in the podcast he is not a diabetic, he is ore disposed through family history, but I'm sure Joe asked are you a diabetic DS said no I'm not he had to convince his doctor to prescribe Metformin to him. If it helps i got mine from a online chemist 500mg. I gave since told my doctor im taking 250mg as i cut them in half, starting off slow to build upto 500mg, he was ok with it.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Below are some side effects of metformin:

physical weakness (asthenia)
diarrhea.
gas (flatulence)
symptoms of weakness, muscle pain (myalgia)
upper respiratory tract infection.
low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
abdominal pain (GI complaints), lactic acidosis (rare)
low blood levels of vitamin B-12

is it worth these symptoms in order to possibly get some antiaging results?
Newage

Post by Newage »

Dr David.
I concur.
Why “ Muddy “ the longevity and anti ageing waters when they are relatively clear at the present time with what we see as proven products like NMN and NAD+
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic