LongevityMetformin: proven or not?

Newage

Re: Metformin: proven or not?

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:29 am I tend to hold it under my tongue as long as possible until saliva builds up in excess. Then (as gross as this might sound) I swish the NMN around my whole mouth especially along the gum lines as this is another great access point to the blood stream. Then after a few minutes I swallow. No science behind this obviously.
[/quote

Vandevalk1. The above process is exactly how I take NMN but I hold it in my mouth for at least 10 mins or more. As long as you don’t have to talk to anyone 10 to 15 mins goes very quickly especially if it potentially adds “10 to 15 days” to your life every time that you do it. :D

Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:26 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:29 am I tend to hold it under my tongue as long as possible until saliva builds up in excess. Then (as gross as this might sound) I swish the NMN around my whole mouth especially along the gum lines as this is another great access point to the blood stream. Then after a few minutes I swallow. No science behind this obviously.
[/quote

Vandevalk1. The above process is exactly how I take NMN but I hold it in my mouth for at least 10 mins or more. As long as you don’t have to talk to anyone 10 to 15 mins goes very quickly especially if it potentially adds “10 to 15 days” to your life every time that you do it. :D
Very astute.
It seems only logical that the longer you hold it, the better bioavailability it will provide. Since the gut will only absorb 20% or so.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Which again raises the question of why David Sinclair still takes his NMN with yogurt ?
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

He also takes a whole gram in a single sitting, where you think you would want to divide it up into multiple smaller doses since the body can only absorb so much of one thing in a single sitting... hmmm?
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:59 pm He also takes a whole gram in a single sitting, where you think you would want to divide it up into multiple smaller doses since the body can only absorb so much of one thing in a single sitting... hmmm?
I wonder wether he is a “creature of habit” of his own findings and has trouble breaking away from his original routines even when alternatives are presented...does make you wonder.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

so how would you take Metformin? A few days per month?

I would like to try the berberine but if i take it like metformin, how often should i take it?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I believe Dr. Sinclair takes his Resveratrol with yogurt. He is taking it in powder form therefore it can be alittle bitter and chalky. :roll:
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yogurt contains fat and lecithin, both enhance uptake of resveratrol in the GI-tract.
Fred

Post by Fred »

A very informative blog article on how metformin might decrease mortality in not just diabetics:

https://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/201 ... metformin/
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great article.......another reason to take Metformin.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic