LongevityMetformin: proven or not?

Newage

Re: Metformin: proven or not?

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:18 am Great article.......another reason to take Metformin.
I may also have to tip toe down the Metformin track.
Consolidating the positive feedback at this stage but certainly swinging that way... :idea:

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Newage I know Metformin has a stigma about it being a medication only for Diabetes but with all the new and latest research out there on how Metformin protects against several diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer's along with possible protection against cancer. Dr. Sinclair has written about how he feels that Metformin in the future will probably be prescribed for preventive medicine as now Doctors are finding out about all the health benefits that Metfromin brings to the table. :ugeek:
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:38 am Newage I know Metformin has a stigma about it being a medication only for Diabetes but with all the new and latest research out there on how Metformin protects against several diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer's along with possible protection against cancer. Dr. Sinclair has written about how he feels that Metformin in the future will probably be prescribed for preventive medicine as now Doctors are finding out about all the health benefits that Metfromin brings to the table. :ugeek:
Agreed drkris69
I think from the posts that I have read, the issue seems to be to find doctors out there prepared to prescribe Metformin prior to the disease originating rather than wait until that same disease ravages the body..
Hopefully more doctors will consider following the preventive path as we move forward with the anti ageing concept. :idea:
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

does anyone know how similar berberine is to metformin?

i know Fred cautioned that there was not as many studies yet about berberine, but i read enough about it to see its value as a glucose stabilizer.
Taytaytay195

Post by Taytaytay195 »

Newage wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:09 pm
drkris69 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:38 am Newage I know Metformin has a stigma about it being a medication only for Diabetes but with all the new and latest research out there on how Metformin protects against several diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer's along with possible protection against cancer. Dr. Sinclair has written about how he feels that Metformin in the future will probably be prescribed for preventive medicine as now Doctors are finding out about all the health benefits that Metfromin brings to the table. :ugeek:
Agreed drkris69
I think from the posts that I have read, the issue seems to be to find doctors out there prepared to prescribe Metformin prior to the disease originating rather than wait until that same disease ravages the body..
Hopefully more doctors will consider following the preventive path as we move forward with the anti ageing concept. :idea:
Viva La Mexico at $3.80 usd per 100 @ 500 mg... No prescription needed at the pharmacy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic