Healthy Aging News and ResearchNew David Sinclair interview - "This Harvard Professor Explains the Secret to Aging in Reverse"

OzSport

New David Sinclair interview - "This Harvard Professor Explains the Secret to Aging in Reverse"

Post by OzSport »

I came across this brand new David Sinclair interview on Youtube!

Full title of the video clip is: This Harvard Professor Explains the Secret to Aging in Reverse | David Sinclair on Health Theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEz1P4i1P7s

(LOL at the one of the Youtube comments that says, "Fun fact. The professor is 902 years old"! :D)

Here are the show notes from the clip the uploader has provided:

SHOW NOTES:

David explains the information theory of aging [0:59]
David explains the difference between genes and the epigenome [2:17]
David describes the way that cell stress causes aging [5:20]
David explains what proteins are and how they work [6:40]
David recommends lifestyle changes to slow down or reverse aging [9:14]
David recommends stressing the system by consistent fasting [10:52]
David explains why we don’t live as long as whales [15:01]
David describes resetting the biological clock [16:16]
David explains how to tell when someone is going to die [18:47]
David explains why people are taking metformin [20:03]
David shares his regimen of exercise and metformin [24:18]
David advocates cold exposure [25:28]
David explains work he’s done to try to reset the aging clock [29:01]
David explains why you don’t want to turn the cellular clock back too far [31:37]
David describes the actual process of reversing aging in masses of cells [33:20]
David talks about some results with mice that appear to reverse aging [36:40]
David shares his father’s story of metformin and NMN use [38:10]
David explains the effects of resveratrol [39:07]
David describes the kinds of testing he advocates [43:13]
David shares the impact he wants to have on the world [45:44]

canadahealthy

Re: New David Sinclair interview - "This Harvard Professor Explains the Secret to Aging in Reverse"

Post by canadahealthy »

I have been sliding a bit with my fasting.

i am inspired to try 2 days per week, skipping breakfast and lunch. For some reason i find those the easiest to miss.
Newage

Re: New David Sinclair interview - "This Harvard Professor Explains the Secret to Aging in Reverse"

Post by Newage »

Canadahealthy.
Quite honestly, intermittent fasting is not that hard once you make the commitment and more importantly break the habit of eating for convenience.
I personally have one day off a week (treat day) from my 5pm to 9am fasting and if I have had a good training week then I may even indulge in two days from fasting but never more than that.
“Sign on the dotted line and give it a go.”
After the first week you will find it much easier.
The longer you stick at it the easier it gets.. :cry:
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I would definitely agree with Newage. It does get easier as time passes. In fact not only did it get easier for me, I was actually not hungry at all in the morning and if I was given the choice to eat or not, I'd rather not. The absolute hardest time for me to fast is when I am at social events with friends that are eating and drinking. I tend to make these my cheat days and get back to my regiment afterwards.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Agree Vandevalk1 - it's the social events where I also tend to slide with my intermittent fasting plans! When that happens, I'll just skip breakfast the next day and have a big lunch and then no dinner.
Newage

Post by Newage »

OzSport wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:58 pm Agree Vandevalk1 - it's the social events where I also tend to slide with my intermittent fasting plans! When that happens, I'll just skip breakfast the next day and have a big lunch and then no dinner.
I rearrange my “treat” day or days to coincide with social events but Xmas and the Festive Season is a lot harder..
But “What The” It only happens once a year and I have posted before about enjoying the Now Time and the importance of Life’s Balance. :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic