NMNIncreased dosage, what have I noticed?

AUKC

Increased dosage, what have I noticed?

Post by AUKC »

Okay to start, bottle of tablets arrived. I've had two weeks break without NMN.

Previous Dosage:
1 x 125mg a day for a month
Increased to:
2 x 125mg a day until finished

Previously I didn't really feel the NMN. It was more of a little energy booster and could feel that after working out my recovery was smoother.

Updated dosage:
5 x 125mg a day, I will continue this for two weeks then increase to 6 a day for a month.

My initial thoughts on the new dosage:
Wow. It could be a strong placebo as I'm taking more, but I think I can safely say that I'm feeling it throughout my body. I feel a lot lighter, chest feels warm and my energy is definitely a lot higher. I feel like being active even when sedentary. Had my first workout and endurance is definitely higher. Normal lifts (weights) felt more controlled.

I'll be rotating break days this time, as previously I took the weekends off. This time I will be doing 3 days NMN, 1 day off, 2 days on 1 day off. Then 2 days on, 1 off, 3 on and 1 off. For the first month.

I feel that increasing the dosage was definitely a good idea and looking forward to see what results come of it.

Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Newage

Re: Increased dosage, what have I noticed?

Post by Newage »

AUKC.
Good to see you followed my lead on dosage protocol and you are beginning to see benefits already. From my personal experience there is definitely no placebo effect in place. I see you are still taking 2 days off a week albeit not consecutively.
Try the new dosage regime but when you get up to 6 or 8 tablets try going back to weekends off and compare how you feel on Mondays as opposed to your feelings after the one day off..
It will be interesting...
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Newage wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:15 am Try the new dosage regime but when you get up to 6 or 8 tablets try going back to weekends off and compare how you feel on Mondays as opposed to your feelings after the one day off..
It will be interesting...
Yeah that's the plan. I thought I would vary it to see if it was any different. Definitely glad I took your advice on upping the dosage, however I skipped in a bit just so I could really feel the difference compared with previous doses ;)

I will however, from here, scale in more slowly up to around 8 a day by month 4. Perhaps sooner if I am really feeling additional benefits as I scale.

Yes placebo is quite interesting in general though. It could be the additional mood enhancement itself is placebo where as the feeling of recovery/internal stamina is not, is what I was getting at. Doesn't hurt to think positive though even if it's placebo :D
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
rhett

Post by rhett »

Had literally the same experience. 125 for months, didn’t notice anything to speak of, assumed nmn effects are subtle and long term, nothing dramatic. Increased to 250 and i was shocked to suddenly feel the effects. I feel like a better version of myself. Everything is easier. Workouts are easier, focusing is easier, sleep is easier.
Newage

Post by Newage »

rhett.
It seems the majority of the forum including myself are on 500mg and upwards of NMN daily, but as everyone is affected differently by supplements it is always best to “crawl before you walk”
Budget also comes into play..
See how you go on 250mg and you can always increase dosage a bit later if you feel it is necessary.
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

rhett wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:20 pm 125 for months, didn’t notice anything to speak of. Increased to 250 and i was shocked to suddenly feel the effects.
What's your age / and weight if you don't mind me asking?
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
rhett

Post by rhett »

Sure thing, 41 male 165lb 6’ 1”
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Did anybody do blood work prior to beginning the products?
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Drdavid wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 pm Did anybody do blood work prior to beginning the products?
I had general blood work done, but it would have been at least 2 months prior to beginning.
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

This is interesting.

I will try going from 250mg to 375 and see if i can feel the difference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic