NAD+Eye health

vandan

Eye health

Post by vandan »

I received a call yesterday from a research group wanting to remeasure my retinitis pigmentosa for a potential usher syndrome treatment trial. I told them i am taking NMN/NAD+ (and a few other things) that have reversed my decline.
I have an ethical dilemma brewing though because trial admission will likely require 'no other treatment' and run for some years. I am legally blind but now high functioning and don't know if I should take the risk of a placebo group.
Anyone?

Vandevalk1

Re: Eye health

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I would look into it more extensively. Maybe you will be allowed to stay on NMN and NAD+.

But if not, and you are content with your vision, the. Why experiment with something new, when you have a bird in the hand already?

And then there’s the 50% chance you are taking a placebo anyways ...
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

vandan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:32 pm I received a call yesterday from a research group wanting to remeasure my retinitis pigmentosa for a potential usher syndrome treatment trial. I told them i am taking NMN/NAD+ (and a few other things) that have reversed my decline.
I have an ethical dilemma brewing though because trial admission will likely require 'no other treatment' and run for some years. I am legally blind but now high functioning and don't know if I should take the risk of a placebo group.
Anyone?
You are correct that you will probably be required to drop all other products during the trial. I would investigate the trial and the group running the trial. Have past research groups produced favorable outcomes? I am assuming that this will be a double blind study so careful consideration is advised. If you know your decline has been halted with your current regimen it would be a very difficult decision to make.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

vandan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:32 pm I received a call yesterday from a research group wanting to remeasure my retinitis pigmentosa for a potential usher syndrome treatment trial. I told them i am taking NMN/NAD+ (and a few other things) that have reversed my decline.
Anyone?
If the NMN/NAD+ is keeping your sight from getting worse, would seem to me this is the bridge you need to allow you the time for a cure to be developed, like the successful cellular reprogramming that Sinclair is doing on the optic nerves of blind mice to restore vision. According to him, they'll be doing this on humans in two years.
vandan

Post by vandan »

Thank guys, some helpful support. I will do some further investigations.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Good luck! And keep us posted regardless of what decision you make!

Very interested!
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Anyone?
Did you make a decision to join the research study or remain on your regimen?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic