NMNThe magic 500mg threshold :)

canadahealthy

The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by canadahealthy »

I have experienced the slight boost from nasal NAD + almost from the first try ... but i have had a new and great experience with NMN sublingual i wanted to share.

I started with 250 mg daily of Sublingual NMN for the last 7 weeks. I didn't notice much, but i wasn't expecting to, as i see this as being a process to boost my longevity and feel no need to feel anything.

After reading what levels others are taking, i started taking 375 mg a week ago and then 2 days ago started 500 mg, so today was literally my second day (taking 2 doses of 250mg before noon).

I am 52, and this decade has started out being one of "well i guess i can't do that as long as i used to" or "i need more rest", or "i can still do this, but it's gonna hurt" etc.

Today i bought a used 20 foot utility trailer and parked it at a friends. He is a bit older and after we manually pushed it the last few feet into place, he quit for the day to await the dreaded sore back (i normally would too).

Instead of quitting for the day i put the entire thing up on blocks by myself and took off the tires and practically threw them into my truck like toys. I haven't felt like this since 2003 when i was digging up my foundation. That feeling where you know you can just keep going.. all day.

It is now 4 hours later and my back still isn't sore.

If it gets sore i will add an update, but this was truly a great day, to know i still have it in me. :D

Newage

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:30 pm I have experienced the slight boost from nasal NAD + almost from the first try ... but i have had a new and great experience with NMN sublingual i wanted to share.

I started with 250 mg daily of Sublingual NMN for the last 7 weeks. I didn't notice much, but i wasn't expecting to, as i see this as being a process to boost my longevity and feel no need to feel anything.

After reading what levels others are taking, i started taking 375 mg a week ago and then 2 days ago started 500 mg, so today was literally my second day (taking 2 doses of 250mg before noon).

I am 52, and this decade has started out being one of "well i guess i can't do that as long as i used to" or "i need more rest", or "i can still do this, but it's gonna hurt" etc.

Today i bought a used 20 foot utility trailer and parked it at a friends. He is a bit older and after we manually pushed it the last few feet into place, he quit for the day to await the dreaded sore back (i normally would too).

Instead of quitting for the day i put the entire thing up on blocks by myself and took off the tires and practically threw them into my truck like toys. I haven't felt like this since 2003 when i was digging up my foundation. That feeling where you know you can just keep going.. all day.

It is now 4 hours later and my back still isn't sore.

If it gets sore i will add an update, but this was truly a great day, to know i still have it in me. :D
Good for you canadahealthy.
I believe that 500 mg of NMN is a good dose to be on to feel major benefits.
Monitor your supporting supplement dosage along with the increase in NMN, so that they all work in synergy. :shock:
vandan

Post by vandan »

Canandahealthy your story feels refreshingly familiar. The global physical benefits are amazing and now I feel my further outlook on life is also improving. I feel like I did when I was 20 - like I could do anything. That is a priceless feeling.
Newage

Post by Newage »

vandan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:14 pm Canandahealthy your story feels refreshingly familiar. The global physical benefits are amazing and now I feel my further outlook on life is also improving. I feel like I did when I was 20 - like I could do anything. That is a priceless feeling.
One thing I will say, is that in the short term our ageing organs are still driving our “ new found younger bodies”
Let’s all “crawl before we walk” and give our organs and specifically the heart plenty of time to catch up..
It is not an overnight process. :idea:
rhett

Post by rhett »

There does seem to be a recurring theme of people finding the supplementation level where “the switch” is flipped. Below that amount there doesn’t seem to be much effect and passing that amount doesn’t seem to increase the effect much either. Very much wonder if we’ll find something some day about a threshold for nad that needs to be met.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I’m about the 500mg mark where I start feeling consistent energy throughout the day. I am not old (30) but I can remember in my early 20s where I could hardly make it through a day of work. I would walk with my eyes closed in an attempt to get some rest, My eyes would start closing in the way home from work. And when I got home the only thing I wanted to do was go to bed for a few hours. I would dread even thinking about having to do something physical to the point where anxiety would set in.
Now in my 30s I never get tired at work anymore. I get much more done in a day and when I get home I have a full agenda of physical activities until it’s time to go to bed and I thoroughly enjoy all the activities I do. I owe this to my change in diet and heath. And the research I’ve done on new health science topics. (NMN being one of those topics)
falumi

Post by falumi »

hi @canadahealthy,

i'm assuming you're in canada -- i was wondering where you purchased your NMN? the alive by nature site doesn't seem to have canadian presence?

tks
Lawrence
falumi

Post by falumi »

hi @canadahealthy
I just submitted a reply but it did not get posted -- not sure if it's a delay or something else. I'm assuming you're in canada as I am. I was wondering where I could buy NMN here?

tks
Lawrence
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

My Pickleball play improved level from low Intermediate to mid Advanced (now) came as a result of increasing my daily dosage of
250 mg NMN with the adding of 250 mg NAD+, , with 1/2 taken within an hour before morning play, and the rest after my Brunch, for recovery.
Noting my own bodies NMN production tapers off in the evenings, shifting to production of Serotonin for sleep, I also limit these
products ingestion prior to 6PM. They have a peak effect of 4 hours after dosage, so I try to allow my body to set a natural pace and time for dosage,
trying to keep dosage times from early morning to mid afternoon.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

falumi wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:00 pm hi @canadahealthy
I just submitted a reply but it did not get posted -- not sure if it's a delay or something else. I'm assuming you're in canada as I am. I was wondering where I could buy NMN here?

tks
Lawrence
Falumi

You can purchase your NMN directly from alive by nature on this website. I am Canadian as well and have it delivered once a month. It takes about 2 weeks to ship.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic