NMNAlternative methods of taking NMN or NAD+

p75213

Alternative methods of taking NMN or NAD+

Post by p75213 »

I was reading (can't find the link now) where somebody was snorting the powder and getting fantastic results.

Also an eBay seller suggests using it with a mixture of DMSO oil and water for transdermal delivery - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Age-Revers ... %7Ciid%3A1

AUKC

Re: Alternative methods of taking NMN or NAD+

Post by AUKC »

p75213 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:01 pm I was reading (can't find the link now) where somebody was snorting the powder and getting fantastic results.
I can't imagine snorting mine, I actually like the taste haha
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

If anyone suggests suppositories i am blocking them!
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Be careful of DMSO it can be toxic at certain levels. Plus anything on your skin will get carried into the blood stream.
Second, if you going to snort it why not just use the spray?
Fred

Post by Fred »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:46 pm If anyone suggests suppositories i am blocking them!
Dr Mercola told David Sinclair he is making NAD-suppositories for himself.

Not sure why, since oral NR and NMN does work to increase NAD in several tissues in mice (and in blood in men).
p75213

Post by p75213 »

Is it possible to make liposomal nmn? Just a thought.
p75213

Post by p75213 »

Regarding the transdermal approach. A 50ml solution could be made consisting of 45 mls of water and 5 mls dmso oil (10%). The weight would be near enough to 50 milligrams. Then mix in 50 milligrams of NMN powder. Make up a patch using a band-aid and say 7 drops of the liquid and stick to a hairless area of the body. Would be an interesting experiment for those who have some DMSO oil and powdered nmn.
FitandHealthyinAZ

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

That's pretty funny! Keeping our feet firmly rooted in science, some of the very best work with respect to longevity require sublingual administration. If you want to drill down further on this, here's a manuscript that will stretch your brain: "Long-term administration of nicotinamide mononucleotide mitigates age-associated physiological decline in mice." https://bit.ly/30SSfiR The results clearly indicate; orally administered NMN increases plasma NMN and tissue NAD+ levels.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Suppositories are effective and provide quick assimilation into the physiologic system.
p75213

Post by p75213 »

Drdavid wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:30 pm Suppositories are effective and provide quick assimilation into the physiologic system.
I don't doubt it. Not keen on the idea though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic