NMNAlternative methods of taking NMN or NAD+

Drdavid

Re: Alternative methods of taking NMN or NAD+

Post by Drdavid »

I agree!

Fred

Post by Fred »

Sure. But since both NR and NMN is orally bioavailable in mice and men and can raise NAD in blood (humans) and tissues (animal data) I don't really understand the need for rectal administration.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

I agree Fred. I don't think it would be something everyone would need to do. The only thing that I can think of right off my head would be someone that would have some sore of GI dysfunction, maybe from chemo, radiation or surgery. Even then they could use sublingual.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

If there is a a market for it, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be produced. Since cannabis has been legalized in Canada, there are now THC and CBD suppositories and sell like hotcakes.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Great comparison. You are correct if the market will buy it someone will produce it.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

There are also many reason why suppositories would be preferred over oral administered medications. The bioavailability of the medicine is astronomically higher than oral medications. The rectum can absorb around 70% of the medication where as the gut absorbs somewhere in the realm of 20-30%, thus getting a better bang for your buck. Some patents don’t absorb medications well at all due to leaky gut syndrome.

As off putting as it might seem to some, there are good reasons to administer medications rectally.
p75213

Post by p75213 »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:43 am There are also many reason why suppositories would be preferred over oral administered medications. The bioavailability of the medicine is astronomically higher than oral medications. The rectum can absorb around 70% of the medication where as the gut absorbs somewhere in the realm of 20-30%, thus getting a better bang for your buck. Some patents don’t absorb medications well at all due to leaky gut syndrome.

As off putting as it might seem to some, there are good reasons to administer medications rectally.
That's interesting. So if I ingest 1 gm of nmn I only recieve the benefits of 300 mg and 700 mgs are wasted. To get the same benefit from a suppository only requires 430 mgs.

Does anybody have the figures for sublingual and transdermal administration?
Fred

Post by Fred »

p75213 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm Does anybody have the figures for sublingual and transdermal administration?
There's been nothing published on the oral, sublingual or transdermal absorption of NMN in humans.

What we have is animal data on oral and intraperitoneal injection of NMN.

We will have human data on NMN via the oral route in the near future.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

p75213 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:43 am There are also many reason why suppositories would be preferred over oral administered medications. The bioavailability of the medicine is astronomically higher than oral medications. The rectum can absorb around 70% of the medication where as the gut absorbs somewhere in the realm of 20-30%, thus getting a better bang for your buck. Some patents don’t absorb medications well at all due to leaky gut syndrome.

That's interesting. So if I ingest 1 gm of nmn I only recieve the benefits of 300 mg and 700 mgs are wasted. To get the same benefit from a suppository only requires 430 mgs.

Does anybody have the figures for sublingual and transdermal administration?
It is likely that more NMN is being absorbed sublingual than 20-30% as these numbers are based on the digestive system. I am not sure what the exact numbers are on sublingual bioavailability
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Fred wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:18 am Dr Mercola told David Sinclair he is making NAD-suppositories for himself.
Of course Dr Mercola would be at the front of this line. :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic