NAD+Beginning of a new journey

drkris69

Re: Beginning of a new journey

Post by drkris69 »

Just another product to add to the ever-growing list. ;)

Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 am Just another product to add to the ever-growing list. ;)

Yes mate..
I reckon that we both “rattle” when we walk from the amount of supplements taken but definitely better for us than a case or two of beer 🍺 
The human brain works in mysterious ways. The majority of people out there will waste money on everything that is potentially bad for you but for some weird reason will not invest in products that could be beneficial with the possibility of increasing lifespan.    :cry:

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Hey all,

How are you all using LIPO P.E.A.

Every day? 1 cap or 2 cap? Once a day or twice a day?

thanks
Newage

Post by Newage »

Boxcost wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:57 am Hey all,

How are you all using LIPO P.E.A.

Every day? 1 cap or 2 cap? Once a day or twice a day?

thanks

Hi Boxcost.
Here is the advice that I was given from a very good Doctor that initially told me about the benefits of PEA over a year or so ago.
Using it for “intense pain” and inflammation you would need to take around 1600 to 1800 mgs of normal PEA micronised powder per day.
Allowing for the RBS Lipo version at 250mg per Capsule with the possible Lipo (3X) increased absorption rate it would equate to about 2 Capsules per day but as I said that is for significant pain and inflammation issues.
For a normal maintenance dose I think 1 capsule per day for 5 or 6 days a week is the go.
Personally I take “1 RBS Lipo PEA capsule” per day for 5 days a week.
I take weekends off all supplements..    :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

I have just ordered the RBS Lipo Ashwagandha capsules and it will be good to see how the Lipo version is metabolised as opposed to the standard Ashwagandha powder.
It is one of the better supplements that works to relieve stress and tension. It works in synergy with Rhodiola.
I personally believe Rhodiola is one of the “first go to” adaptogen herbs when dealing with physical or mental stress.
Taking them both together is a winner as Rhodiola can stimulate where Ashwagandha has the opposite effect.
Hopefully the RBS Team will consider adding Lipo Rhodiola Capsules to the product range..
It is a very underrated supplement.    :o

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Newage, how are you liking the  Ashwagandha capsules? 
Scareyny

Re: Beginning of a new journey for me too

Post by Scareyny »

I am so glad I found this forum.  I had taken NMN several months ago, for 2-3 months, and then stopped due to cost.  It was from another company (LifeForce).  Then I got COVID for the first time, and it really messed me up for months (I got it in August 2023, and my blood oxygen levels still haven’t fully recovered).  I am 53 and have been interested in various forms of biohacking and supplementation for fitness for decades.

Recently, I decided to start it again after doing more research.  LifeForce either doesn’t sell it anymore because of all the FDA BS, or they have been out of stock for too long, so I bought from another company after researching company reputations.  Renue, unfortunately, never came up while I was doing research.  I’ve been taking the other company’s (Wonderfeel Younger) product for about 10 days.  Pretty sure I already notice a difference with respect to my endurance at the gym, and I don’t know if it’s a coincidence, but my blood oxygen has increased by over three percent, after four months of just not rebounding to pre-COVID levels.  However, I had issues with requesting lab testing from the company (I work in biomedical research that is under FDA refs often, so I know how all of this should work), so I started researching more on finding a more reputable company, and I came across this forum. 

I have learned SO much just by reading all of these posts.  I just ordered the liposomal NAD+/NMN complete (I had been led to believe that NAD+ could not be absorbed by the GI tract and so was not worth ingesting), as well as the gel.  I am particularly interested to see how the gel works with improving activity at the gym, and I am really wanting to compare the liposomal NAD+/NMN complete to what I’m taking.  So many in this forum swear by this, which is what led me to get the liposomal over the sublingual.  

I’ve also read conflicting stories about whether the capsules should be taken with food (healthy fats), or without.  In this forum, there seems to be a variety of viewpoints on that too.  I’ve seen posts where people take it immediately upon waking, and others take it with olive oil, yogurt or avocado.  Are there any science-backed data sources that point to which is the most beneficial that anyone knows of?

Anyway.  Can’t wait to go through the many experiences in this forum.  I am looking forward to tracking results, as there is one thing I do know—this stuff works.  
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:50 am Newage, how are you liking the  Ashwagandha capsules? 

The “ants pants” mate.
They seem to have much more punch than the normal Ashwagandah tablets that I had been taking for quite a while.
As in most cases the Liposomal version of supplements is far superior as far as absorption goes….  :roll:

Newage

Post by Newage »

My advice, for what it’s worth is for all the “aging” forum members out there to consider monitoring their Testosterone Levels.
All the supplements in the world will not offset the myriad of potential negative health issues that can be caused by low Testosterone levels. Both physical and mental health problems can be attributed to low “ T” levels and it seems the lower the levels, the worse the symptoms can be.
The best approach is to find a Hormone Replacement Therapy Physician that is very experienced in that field as Hormones are very powerful “little suckers” and as they are introduced back into the body their levels need to be monitored closely.
You can return to feeling like a “raging bull or cow” if the HRT is administered correctly…  :shock:

FridayPocket

Post by FridayPocket »

Newage wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:56 pm My advice, for what it’s worth is for all the “aging” forum members out there to consider monitoring their Testosterone Levels.
All the supplements in the world will not offset the myriad of potential negative health issues that can be caused by low Testosterone levels. Both physical and mental health problems can be attributed to low “ T” levels and it seems the lower the levels, the worse the symptoms can be.
The best approach is to find a Hormone Replacement Therapy Physician that is very experienced in that field as Hormones are very powerful “little suckers” and as they are introduced back into the body their levels need to be monitored closely.
You can return to feeling like a “raging bull or cow” if the HRT is administered correctly… :shock:

I have been reading these posts for some years now but have never joined in - until now.  Can I start by saying how beneficial it would be if each contributor stated their age, sex and country they reside in so that relevance to ones own personal circumstance can be established.  For the record I am a 70 yo female living in Far North Queensland, Australia.  

I have been taking HRT for over 20 years and can vouch, through personal experience, for the above post. Everyone, male and female, experiences a decline in hormone levels from, roughly, their mid 40's although it is more pronounced in females through the process of menopause. Nothing - but nothing - makes up for this decline.  Of course lifestyle can moderate the effects but only to a certain degree.  

There are many hormones in the human body and indeed they are very powerful.  They are the chemical switching agents for just about all our bodily processes.  I have my Basic Female Hormone profile tested every year and, based on the results, obtain a personalised script for the correct amount of estradiol, estriol, estrone (yes, there are three different types of estrogen), progesterone, DHEA and testosterone.  I have this script made up by a compounding chemist.

While I'm not sure about the 'raging bull or cow' analogy I do know that HRT is one of major weapons I have in my anti aging arsenal.  It won't turn the clock back (nothing will) but it will help to maintain optimal health and vigor as I age.  I hope this post has been helpful.    

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic