NMNResveratrol and Red Grapes

ChrisBON

Resveratrol and Red Grapes

Post by ChrisBON »

I am taking Vorst Premium Resveratrol 400mg but am also wondering if anyone knows how much resveratrol you get if you have a serving of red grapes. I have been buying them for about a year... have about 25 grapes a day.

FitandHealthyinAZ

Re: Resveratrol and Red Grapes

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

Hi ChrisBON and as I'm sure you're aware it's the skins of red grapes that contain the phytochemical resveratrol and not the grapes themselves. The resveratrol I take (two 500mg capsules per day) in conjunction with 625 mg of NMN is produced from polygonum cuspidatum which is commonly known as Asian knotweed or Japanese knotweed as opposed to red grapes. From all I've read, resveratrol found in grape skin has been stated at a concentration of 50–100 microgram/gram. On a bit larger scale, grapes contains up to 300 mg of polyphenols per 100 grams of fresh weight. Typically, a glass of red wine contains approximately 100 mg of polyphenolic antioxidants. Sounds a lot easier to take 2 capsules but if ever there was a reason to enjoy more than 1 glass of red wine .....
Newage

Post by Newage »

FitandHealthyinAZ wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:13 pm Hi ChrisBON and as I'm sure you're aware it's the skins of red grapes that contain the phytochemical resveratrol and not the grapes themselves. The resveratrol I take (two 500mg capsules per day) in conjunction with 625 mg of NMN is produced from polygonum cuspidatum which is commonly known as Asian knotweed or Japanese knotweed as opposed to red grapes. From all I've read, resveratrol found in grape skin has been stated at a concentration of 50–100 microgram/gram. On a bit larger scale, grapes contains up to 300 mg of polyphenols per 100 grams of fresh weight. Typically, a glass of red wine contains approximately 100 mg of polyphenolic antioxidants. Sounds a lot easier to take 2 capsules but if ever there was a reason to enjoy more than 1 glass of red wine .....
Hi FitandHealthyinAZ
Would you mind telling me what brand of Resveratrol you use and is it purchased online?
The capsules are 500mg each, is that right and how many in a bottle and what price?
Cheers
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

FitandHealthyinAZ wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:13 pm I take (two 500mg capsules per day)
Damn. As Newage said above, please let me know what Brand and where you source them from.

My local pharmacy only has them in 50mg caps, have been meaning to find a better brand.
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Fred

Post by Fred »

Just an observation, the two brands that I´ve seen used in more than one human clinical trial are the Biotivia Transmax 500 mg capsules (98% purity) and the Megaresveratrol.net bulk powder (99% pure micronized). Both produced according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). That doesn´t mean there aren´t other quality suppliers of trans-resveratrol though.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

i take Vorst Premium Resveratrol 400 mg from amazon, as several folks are.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

I wonder how many Skins It takes To make 400 MG :D
rhett

Post by rhett »

I’ve heard Dr Sinclair note that he takes 1g of resveratrol daily and one glass of wine contains 1mg. So you’d need 1000 glasses of wine daily to compare. I imagine the grape quantity would be quite large also.

FWIW most supplement resveratrol doesn’t come from grapes. It’s another plant that I can’t remember at the moment but it produces resveratrol much more cheaply.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Fred wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:22 am Just an observation, the two brands that I´ve seen used in more than one human clinical trial are the Biotivia Transmax 500 mg capsules (98% purity) and the Megaresveratrol.net bulk powder (99% pure micronized). Both produced according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). That doesn´t mean there aren´t other quality suppliers of trans-resveratrol though.
Thanks Fred.
I will check both products out online..
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Yeah, I reckon it would be a lot of grapes to get the effects from one tablet! :D

On a side note, this article may be of interest about resveratrol:
"Resveratrol, in its natural combination in whole grape, for health promotion and disease management"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4553113/

I also found this one that talks about the health benefits of grapes:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... conditions.

Here's a list of the 10 best resveratrol foods...yay chocolate, haha! :P
https://mebiotic.com/10-best-resveratrol-foods/
Last edited by OzSport on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic