NMNIs NMN recommended for young people?

Tsin

Is NMN recommended for young people?

Post by Tsin »

I am 28 and would like to stay young as long as I can. Will taking nmn help me with that? I am looking for longterm antiaging benefits but some side effects such as more energy are obviously welcome. Just wondering if its as effective for younger people as for older.

Drdavid

Re: Is NMN recommended for young people?

Post by Drdavid »

Great question. Currently the research is saying that younger people will not have the effects that an older person will have because the younger persons levels of NAD are higher than that of an older person. However, I have started recommending that my younger patients micro dose NAD and have seen some great results such as increased energy and focus. I think if you are looking to slow the aging process down NAD is a great place to start.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Tsin wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 am I am 28 and would like to stay young as long as I can. Will taking nmn help me with that? I am looking for longterm antiaging benefits but some side effects such as more energy are obviously welcome. Just wondering if its as effective for younger people as for older.
Tsin

I am 30 years old and in a relatively similar situation to you. I can say with confidence that my supplementation of these molecules has definitely provided me with some amazing benefits so far. Maybe not quite to the extent some of the older folks on this forum are describing, but I also dont have too much degenerative issues yet. What I am noticing is basically spot on with what Drdavid is eluding to in his last message. There are definitely noticeable benefits to taking this supplement. But the big thing here is maintenance. Keeping our cells in peek condition from here on out.
Newage

Post by Newage »

You still have to service a “brand new car” on a regular basis so that it ends up being a reliable
“great” old car.
“ So what was the query again?”
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

I'm 26 and my partner is 27.

We both decided that even though we weren't old like was recommended, that we would both start dosing to see what benefits we could find from increased NAD.

I would say so far it's been interesting. Feels like faster recoveries from working out, slight increase in energy. Worth it
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Newage wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:15 pm You still have to service a “brand new car” on a regular basis so that it ends up being a reliable
“great” old car.
“ So what was the query again?”
Great analogy, Newage! I agree, regular care and maintenance can definitely keep a "brand new car" looking and working pretty darn good for quite awhile! :D
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Yes, maintenance is the key. I am not going to start eating healthy and working out after I am diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I gain a pile of weight and have trouble going about my daily duties. I’m doing all that now so that I never have to worry about these terrible health issues. I would put taking a product like NMN in the same category as routine exercise and a healthy diet.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

The road to wellness is paved with good intention but those that make the journey know it is accomplished from perseverance and consistency.
Asclepius

Post by Asclepius »

I've been taking NMN Sublingual for awhile now - I feel it's been helpful but I haven't measured my bloods etc, I should have done that. I'd be keen to see if anyone else in their 30's has had their blood workup done to measure any impact.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

I have had a couple of patients in this age group that have shown positive results on blood testings. Inflammatory markers have decreased, LDL have decreased and HDL have risen. A1C dropped. RBC have increased slightly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic