NRNR and NR Chloride

p75213

NR and NR Chloride

Post by p75213 »

In addition to nicotinamide riboside there is also nicotinamide riboside chloride. Which one does everyone take and why? Does it really matter?

Fred

Re: NR and NR Chloride

Post by Fred »

The chloride salt is bound to NR to stabilise it. The tradename "Niagen" is the chloride form and was first to market.
p75213

Post by p75213 »

So all the NR that is sold as a supplement is in fact NR chloride? Some brands don't specifically say niagen or NR chloride. Just NR.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Elysium used Niagen from the beginning. Now the source or form of NR in Elysium's Basis is unknown. True Niagen, Thorne and LEF use Niagen.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Fred wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:27 am Elysium used Niagen from the beginning. Now the source or form of NR in Elysium's Basis is unknown. True Niagen, Thorne and LEF use Niagen.
So if i am taking NMN sl and NAD+ as well as Astaxanthin and Blueberry Concentrate, is NR really necessary?
Fred

Post by Fred »

The difference in pharmacokinetics and target tissues between NR and NMN in humans is currently unknown (we have to wait for human NMN data to be published).

They are similar molecules. NMN is NR with a phosphate group attached (which makes it more stable in solution). NR converts to NMN inside the cell and NMN can convert to NR outside the cell. Both have produced positive effects in animal trials.

There have been no published animal experiments using the two together so we don't know if there's any synergistic effect.
Last edited by Fred on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Thanks Fred. Very interesting!
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Thanks Fred
I appreciate it!
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

ChrisBON wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:17 pm
Fred wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:27 am Elysium used Niagen from the beginning. Now the source or form of NR in Elysium's Basis is unknown. True Niagen, Thorne and LEF use Niagen.
So if i am taking NMN sl and NAD+ as well as Astaxanthin and Blueberry Concentrate, is NR really necessary?
i think NR is another way of elevating NAD+ and there is some arguing as to whether it is as effective or even more effective than NMN. However, the leading researcher, Dr David Sinclair, insists NMN is the most reliable method.

I think with all you are taking that you do not need NR.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:08 pm
ChrisBON wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:17 pm
i think NR is another way of elevating NAD+ and there is some arguing as to whether it is as effective or even more effective than NMN. However, the leading researcher, Dr David Sinclair, insists NMN is the most reliable method.

I think with all you are taking that you do not need NR.
I think ChrisBON is taking the stuff I need to take.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic