NRNR and NR Chloride

CeeJayBee

Re: NR and NR Chloride

Post by CeeJayBee »

i think it may be a good idea to take both, perhaps alternating every 3 months.

Does ABN plan to make both available at some point?

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

i have read (or watched) enough about NMN to take it on an ongoing basis, as it appears it is doing much more than just elevating NAD+

I assume others will weigh in here, but it seems NMN is the better choice.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Here is a discussion with Dr. David Sinclair about the differnces b/w NR and NMN:

https://www.leafscience.org/an-intervie ... -sinclair/
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:31 am i have read (or watched) enough about NMN to take it on an ongoing basis, as it appears it is doing much more than just elevating NAD+

I dont know that it is a better choice but I consider it another part of the wellness regimen. Research has been very promising with NMN and has shown some great health benefits. One in particular is brown fat.

Physiol Rev. 2004 Jan;84(1):277-359.
Brown adipose tissue: function and physiological significance.
Cannon B1, Nedergaard J.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14715917

There are many other health benefits associated with using NMN and I am sure that we will see more as the research continues to be published. I recommend that people use both NAD and NMN to achieve certain health and wellness goals.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

The chloride salt is bound to NR to stabilise it. The tradename "Niagen" is the chloride form and was first to market.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

One fact I know is that NR is not as stable as NMN is in the blood stream. I would think for that reason alone that NMN is the better choice but I agree that we need to wait for the human trials to be exact on which is better.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:12 am
canadahealthy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:31 am i have read (or watched) enough about NMN to take it on an ongoing basis, as it appears it is doing much more than just elevating NAD+

I dont know that it is a better choice but I consider it another part of the wellness regimen. Research has been very promising with NMN and has shown some great health benefits. One in particular is brown fat.

Physiol Rev. 2004 Jan;84(1):277-359.
Brown adipose tissue: function and physiological significance.
Cannon B1, Nedergaard J.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14715917

There are many other health benefits associated with using NMN and I am sure that we will see more as the research continues to be published. I recommend that people use both NAD and NMN to achieve certain health and wellness goals.
I agree Drdavid.
From my personal experience combining NMN and NAD+ seems to enhance all the positive benefits.
I trial different percentage combinations but consistently take both molecules on a weekly basis.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic