NMNNMN and your age

canadahealthy

NMN and your age

Post by canadahealthy »

i guess the consensus us that the older you are, the more NMN or NAD+ you would need, yes?

I am in my 50s and i think my sweet spot is b/w 500 and 625 mg per day.

If somneone is in their 70s, is it likely they's need closer to a gram?

CeeJayBee

Re: NMN and your age

Post by CeeJayBee »

this is the way i see it, the older you are, the more you are going to need,

and also that is is best to start at 125mg or 250, and gradually increase it.
rhett

Post by rhett »

That jibes with the nad research. Natural levels decline with age for sure, so you need more from the outside to top up the tank.
Newage

Post by Newage »

rhett wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm That jibes with the nad research. Natural levels decline with age for sure, so you need more from the outside to top up the tank.
“On the money Rhett”
At Rising 70 years of age I fluctuate between 750mg to 1 gram daily, 5 days on 2 days off per week..
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

In tune with what you're saying, at 43, should I aim for around 500mg?
(As stated in another thread, a rough chart over what's recommended for different age groups would be helpful for those of us just starting out, even if it was just a guideline)
rhett

Post by rhett »

I’m 41 and 250mg is doing wonders for me. 125mg didn’t seem like enough, but I definitely saw a difference in energy and recovery when I added the second daily tablet to get to 250mg
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Andreas wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:50 pm In tune with what you're saying, at 43, should I aim for around 500mg?
(As stated in another thread, a rough chart over what's recommended for different age groups would be helpful for those of us just starting out, even if it was just a guideline)
Good idea. Though I guess that's a tricky thing for them to recommend at this point and would be more speculative than anything else.

But sure someone could write it up as a verrrry rough guide. It's really going to vary a lot between peoples body composition, age etc.

So far I could recommend starting low/med dosage and working your way up each week. I'm sitting at 750mg (late 20's) and I think i'll still up my dosage further.
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

It is difficult to provide exact dosage requirement because solid studies with large population samples have not been published yet. I recommend that everyone develop a regimen with a physician based on your goals, health and current needs. If anyone has any questions about this just let me know and I will be happy to help.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

All good information and likewise If anyone needs any help. ;)
rhett

Post by rhett »

Drdavid wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:37 am I recommend that everyone develop a regimen with a physician based on your goals, health and current needs.
Would love to, but how do you find a doctor who knows what nmn even is, much less has an opinion on how to use it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic