NutritionThe Sprinting Challenge.

Newage

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Newage »

CeeJayBee wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm I will have a different goal. I need to get back on the treadmill, and would like to do a 6.5 minute mile before winter ends.
CeeJayBee...
From an old elite coach.
Start at 8 Klms per hour treadmill speed for 900 metres. Each treadmill run (Min 2 per week) increase .5 of a kilometre/hour in speed and 50 metres in distance.
8 weeks you will be running around 1600 metres (1 mile) at 15 kilometres per hour or a 6 min 30 sec mile.
You trick the body with very small increases in speed and distance.
Good luck with it🏃‍♂️

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

CeeJayBee wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm I will have a different goal. I need to get back on the treadmill, and would like to do a 6.5 minute mile before winter ends.
good luck with your journey CeeJayBee
my goal is just to get back on the treadmill. it does take all I have to get going but once I do I have a great routine
Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:45 pm
good luck with your journey CeeJayBee
my goal is just to get back on the treadmill. it does take all I have to get going but once I do I have a great routine
Sometimes we just have to “commit to the job at hand” and get on with it.
Your first venture back onto the treadmill is always going to be hard ...🏃‍♂️but the benefits outweigh the pain.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Amen to that!! :D
Newage

Post by Newage »

The new addition to my diet in larger quantities are berries, berries and more berries.
A combination of all berries, but focusing on increasing Blueberry intake on a daily basis.
When the berry season finishes I will revert to frozen varieties to get through.
I think it is a very clean way to eat...and it seems to also enhance energy levels.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Does anyone in here use Strava? It is a social networking app based around athletes and their workouts. It’s a fun way to keep some of those boring or monotonous exercises exciting by adding a little competitiveness as you can challenge friends. I figure it might be a good bonding tactic for some of us regulars on here that love talking about or exercises. I find it holds me a little bit more accountable for my daily choices as my strava friends can see what I did and did not do.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

If anyone is Ken, I will share my contact information.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:02 am Does anyone in here use Strava? It is a social networking app based around athletes and their workouts. It’s a fun way to keep some of those boring or monotonous exercises exciting by adding a little competitiveness as you can challenge friends. I figure it might be a good bonding tactic for some of us regulars on here that love talking about or exercises. I find it holds me a little bit more accountable for my daily choices as my strava friends can see what I did and did not do.
Vandevalk1
Yes Strava is a great App with terrific benefits for all your training programs. A lot of athletes and coaches use it over here to be able to track
training and other concepts in real time.
I think sharing your setup contacts would be of great benefit to many forum members :idea:
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

That is pretty cool....never heard of this app. Will check out..
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I will post my contact info if anyone is interested.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic