NutritionThe Sprinting Challenge.

Newage

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 am I’ve been getting into a more cardio rich routine as of late and just being out on the trails is a great way to meet athletes that I can connect with. I didn’t realize it at first but they have their own community out there in the trails.
Trail running is very popular over here also and you are right that they have their own community within the trail running fraternity.
It can be as competitive or as social as you want to make it..🏕🏃‍♂️
A great way to enjoy and explore the mountain regions.

Vandevalk1

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:27 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 am I’ve been getting into a more cardio rich routine as of late and just being out on the trails is a great way to meet athletes that I can connect with. I didn’t realize it at first but they have their own community out there in the trails.
Trail running is very popular over here also and you are right that they have their own community within the trail running fraternity.
It can be as competitive or as social as you want to make it..🏕🏃‍♂️
A great way to enjoy and explore the mountain regions.
I WISH we had more mountainous regions around here newage! We do have hills however lol. not quite the same but still a killer workout. I tend to run the same hill 20-30 times in an hour or so for my cardio workouts. I love HIIT training so this is a great way to target that type of training. An all out explosion up the hill followed by a slow and controlled decent down the hill to lower the heart rate and recharge just so I can do it again. This is a massive upside to smaller hills. The downside when compared with mountains is the view not being as spectacular. mountains are special in that regard. they're more enjoyable to run, knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel once you reach the top.

When we travel, I always pack our MSR stove to make some coffee at the lookout
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic