Miscellaneous TopicsNew company tackling hair loss through mitochondrial function

rhett

New company tackling hair loss through mitochondrial function

Post by rhett »

https://www.folliclethought.com/new-com ... osciences/

New company tackling hair loss through boosting mitochondrial function. Am I crazy or is this tangentially related to nad/nmn/nr ?

NewLifeScience

Re: New company tackling hair loss through mitochondrial function

Post by NewLifeScience »

tI see them talk about a study related to switching off a gene but the link to an actual study talks about skin and hair.

i think most hair loss will have to involve the response to dht or address it indirectly, I do not see this here.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41419-018-0765-9
rhett

Post by rhett »

It’s true, but we’ve seen with minoxidil, there are non-androgen ways to support hair growth even when DHT is working against it.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

rhett wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 pm It’s true, but we’ve seen with minoxidil, there are non-androgen ways to support hair growth even when DHT is working against it.
I think minoxidil is more of a stop the process of hair loss, as opposed to support growth, right?
But that stuff freaks me out - too many warnings on the label!
vandan

Post by vandan »

I'm getting more body hair growth on NMN for sure...
rhett

Post by rhett »

I might have brought this up earlier but fingernail growth is closely related to hair growth and my fingernails are growing much faster than they used to. I’m clipping them twice as much maybe.
Taytaytay195

Post by Taytaytay195 »

I do agree that fingernail growth is twice what is was by using nmn and hair seems darker. Minoxidil and 272 lllt cap is working great here. Bald spot in the back of my head has all but disappeared. My hairline is coming back and I see new growth everywhere. Doesn't work for folks balding from the top of the dome though.
rhett

Post by rhett »

What’s the distinction between top of head and back of head?
Taytaytay195

Post by Taytaytay195 »

OK I looked at the directions that came with it again. It does show being able to reverse top baldness, but only in the early stages has it been documented as level 1 and 2. The scale refers to baldness on top as frontal, level 3, and advanced as "not been documented" for hair growth.(Ludwig and Savin hair loss scale) Also your skin color is a factor. On a scale of 1 to 6 with 6 being the darkest, level 5 and 6 "have not been documented". (Fitzpatrick skin types)
I had been using just minoxidil for 2 years prior with still some light hair loss. I believe nmn and Lllt is truly reversing my balding areas. Incredible!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic