NMNWhere does the energy come from?

rhett

Where does the energy come from?

Post by rhett »

Was wondering if the boost of energy from
Nmn comes from the same mechanism that makes nmn good for counteracting aging, or if it is just a “side effect”.

Basically, does the energy literally come from its role as fuel for mitochondria, or is it just a coincidental and unrelated effect of nmn in the body? (The way many substances can either make you tired or energized)

Taytaytay195

Re: Where does the energy come from?

Post by Taytaytay195 »

I was wondering also. I almost feel like that feeling you get when you hit a homerun when your a kid, but just less noticeable and, more or less, all the time.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Taytaytay195 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 pm I was wondering also. I almost feel like that feeling you get when you hit a homerun when your a kid, but just less noticeable and, more or less, all the time.
It would be nice to have all the answers to the myriad of questions out there concerning NMN and NAD+ but sometimes it’s just about enjoying those great feelings of :
“ like consistently hitting that home run when you are a kid “ :D
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

after Decades of living as an older adult the difference would be clear
some of your parts are getting younger and you feel it
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

rhett wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:15 pm Was wondering if the boost of energy from
Nmn comes from the same mechanism that makes nmn good for counteracting aging, or if it is just a “side effect”.

Basically, does the energy literally come from its role as fuel for mitochondria, or is it just a coincidental and unrelated effect of nmn in the body? (The way many substances can either make you tired or energized)
This article may shed some light on your question.

Scientists identify new fuel-delivery route for cells
Findings shed light on chronic diseases, aging

WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 010419.php
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great article Dr David! So that protein was found to speed up NMN into the cells. Another study showing how important NMN really is for us humans! :D
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:29 pm Great article Dr David! So that protein was found to speed up NMN into the cells. Another study showing how important NMN really is for us humans! :D
Thanks Drdavid.
A very interesting article and also may explain why it seems that some individuals may take up NMN more efficiently by way of the transporter protein being more available and possibly more efficient in its actions..
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Magic potions, science, I don't even know what is real anymore.

Where do you feel the "energy" first? I get it in the top of my chest first, then lower back.
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
rhett

Post by rhett »

I guess where I’m going with this:

It seems nmn increases testosterone. We know testosterone increases athletic performance, gives you energy, and generally makes you feel amazing.

So I wonder if the “feeling” people report is connected to that or something like that. And while nad is important, maybe it’s not the nad itself that we feel as increased energy.

Totally making things up here.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

rhett wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:19 pm I guess where I’m going with this:

It seems nmn increases testosterone. We know testosterone increases athletic performance, gives you energy, and generally makes you feel amazing.

So I wonder if the “feeling” people report is connected to that or something like that. And while nad is important, maybe it’s not the nad itself that we feel as increased energy.

Totally making things up here.
I think it's the rejuvenated cells that are more efficient and so provides more energy
also think you'll feel more energy while performing work as opposed to sitting idle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic