NAD+NAD+ for the prevention of neurodegenerative disorders: scientific study

NewLifeScience

Re: NAD+ for the prevention of neurodegenerative disorders: scientific study

Post by NewLifeScience »

rhett wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:50 pm Ah that makes sense. I’m wondering more if there are other forums out there on the Internet aside from Alive yNature, maybe ones that are created for Alzheimer’s it ALS patients where they talk about rheir conditions and share info about treatments. It’s possible that they’re already trying and discussing NMN within their online community. Would be super interesting to find them if so.
I have a feeling that this issue with Alzheimer's will finally be solved by buy something between biohacking and dietitian research work

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

smokinjoe wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:23 am
rhett wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:50 pm Ah that makes sense. I’m wondering more if there are other forums out there on the Internet aside from Alive yNature, maybe ones that are created for Alzheimer’s it ALS patients where they talk about rheir conditions and share info about treatments. It’s possible that they’re already trying and discussing NMN within their online community. Would be super interesting to find them if so.
it might just be an issue of awareness at this point. many promising Alzheimer's treatments such as Aricept, for example haven't produced the results that had been expected.
I wouldn't be surprised if a solution for dementia, including Alzheimer's came from some sort of biohacking and NMN treatment.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Also, according to Dr.Sinclair he takes Metformin to protect from neurodegenerative disorders. If someone in here knows the mechanism on how Metformin does this can you explain?....
Fred

Post by Fred »

I wouldn't be surprised if a solution for dementia, including Alzheimer's came from some sort of biohacking and NMN treatment.
I would be very surprised if a "biohacker" with some podcast on youtube found a cure for the very complex Alzheimer's disease.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Fred wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:22 pm
rhett wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:28 am Has anyone found threads on other boards (perhaps about Alzheimer’s or ALS about people experimenting with nad precursors?
It's hard to know where to post things under sometimes. I posted this study in the LONGEVITY section on the 3rd of October but it didn't lead to any discussion at all lol. I didn't put it in the NAD+ section because that one is about supplementing with the molecule NAD+. Good that the paper is getting discussed now.
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=831

I think a "Brain aging" and "Skin and hair" section would be a great addition to the forum. We could have put this in the "Brain aging"-section.
I think you are right about adding a couple new sections. My struggle has been with are we going to include all brain issues within this new topic (stroke, alzheimers, parkinsons, cancer)? What are your thoughts. I think as this board becomes larger it will be imperative to have sections that can be accessed easily.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thank you for adding your support to the idea (by others, not just me) to add categories to the forum. I just know that I never really know where to put an article that talks about general NAD-replenishment with examples of many precursors. Logically I would put it under "NAD+" but that section is about oral NAD supplementation.

Maybe "NAD science" as the general umbrella term when it cannot be categorized exclusively under "NMN", "NAD+" or " NR"?

"Brain" can include not only neurodegenerative diseases but perhaps depression, anxiety, sleep etc?

"Skin and hair" is self-explanatory.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Good info, just remember that NAD+ is a much larger molecule and harder to get into the blood stream. NMN is a precursor to NAD. NMN is much smaller and easier to get into the body therefore readily available for all tissue to absorb.
p75213

Post by p75213 »

This is from the Vancouver Dementia Prevention Centre:
"Along with improvements in mood, motivation, motor skills and mental acuity from nebulizing NAD+ which we test with MoCA; we’re also getting consistent improvements in eyesight with clients who suffer from macular degeneration."

Head over to Nuchido facebook page to view their comment.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

We have seen positive outcomes in our patients that have used NAD for neurodegenerative diseases. Cognition, memory, coordination have all improved over several 100 patients.
xyz121

Post by xyz121 »

I get that this is an old post, however I wasn't able to find any newer relevant topics.

My brother has ALS. I've read of promising results some ALS patients have had using NAD in IV's, and I'm looking into that, however my brother is not as open minded as I am when it comes to longevity protocols, and he won't do an IV at this point.

He's willing to take it orally, however. So...I'm struggling with dosage for NAD powder. I'd like to suggest to him a reasonably higher dose than standard but I have no idea where to start. Seems Dr. Sinclair is "pushing the limit" as to what is recommended at 1g per day, but I'd like to go higher than that to boost his blood levels as high as possible. If he sees any noticeable benefit in his symptoms from the oral, he is willing to go the IV route.

Any thoughts as to what may be a good range of dosage to start with?  He's about 160 lbs (73kg) and 5'10" (178cm).

Thanks much for your support.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic